Lions and Packers Clip Seahawks Playoff Wings and Muddle Season

Well.

That sucked.

After all the good that happened.

The Raiders couged it.

The Giants lost and the Seahawks stomped on the Bears, but it may be all for naught because of a pair of NFC North teams.

The Raiders let the Detroit Lions score 14 fourth quarter points and rally for a 1 point victory just minutes ago. The Green Bay Packers stumbled against the newly installed Crennel-Orton lead Kansas City Chiefs.

Kyle Orton may have just helped me coast to a fantasy playoff victory, but he and the Chiefs just dealt a severe blow to the Seahawks playoff chances.

Instead of facing an aggressive Packers team going for an undefeated season in the final week of the season, the Detroit Lions will be facing a squad that will now be resting all of their important players instead. All it takes now is one Lions victory to effectively erase Seattles playoff chances. There are no other slots open, no other scenarios to be had. With the Falcons and Lions both sitting at 9-5 all it takes is one Detroit victory regardless of what happens with the Bears, Giants, Cowboys, Cardinals, whoever.

My fear is now being fully realized, the Seahawks, despite obvious improvement and ending the season on a tear, are now in that terrible muddled situation of being too good for a high draft spot and not quite good enough for a wild card berth. They have nothing to show for their relatively low projected draft position (probably 17th).

In fact it’s so bad that they may not have only played themselves out of Luck and Barkley territory, but with Robert Griffin likely to declare for the draft he is likely to be gone by the time they select as well.

As bright as the future seems, the present has been, well, muddled.

Enjoyed this post?
Subscribe to Seahawks Gab via RSS Feed or E-mail and receive daily news updates from us!

7 Responses to “Lions and Packers Clip Seahawks Playoff Wings and Muddle Season”

1. Neil says:

I wouldn’t worry about it too much. I think Pete, John and the rest of the FO are aggressive and bright enough to trade up for their QB if the situation warrants it.

2. Kenny says:

What a emotional day- So Happy the Seahawks got revenge by destroying the bears but then Oakland chokes away a game to Detroit with some HORRIBLE Oak Secondary play. Basically, we need Seattle to win out and DET lose their Last 2. I think their is a scenario if ATL and another team other than Detroit-we get in based better conference record.

In any case, the Sea Seahawks have a bright future and it would be nice to finish the season 9-7 on a high note. Seattle should definitely win their last home game vs. the 49ers for their confidence, the fans and revenge for the opening loss of the season.

3. Kelly says:

Is it only me? TJack seems like he could be our future doesn’t he? He is only 29 right? That is young for a QB. He has been improving all season long and has shown he can take care of the ball. He has a great arm and is doing something he couldn’t do as a starter 3 years ago. What is that you ask? He is learning to make the progression through the available receivers. Not to mention he has shown he is tough and willing to play through pain.

Even if we do draft a youngster it is likely TJack will be the starter next year anyway. He is going to have the chance to prove me right or wrong no doubt. Just don’t understand who everyone still thinks a “QB of the future” is still the main priority. TJack I think has alot more upside than people give him credit for.

Here is what I am seeing please chime in if you think I am nuts.
    He has great mobility.
    He has a great arm.
    He has shown he can manage the game well and an ability to not turn it over alot.
    He has proven he can win with a bunch of younger players. 6 of last 7?

Why is it so unbelievable he is our QB of the future? Atleast the next 6 seasons or so anyway.

What do you think?

• josh says:

You are nuts. Tjack is fine, but not capable of leading a team to a super bowl. He plays tricks on us fans by showing small flashes of good. But he will always be inconsistent.

• David says:

Actually, I was sort of thinking T-Jack’s odds of being “The Guy” have been improving lately… I don’t think it’s likely, but say 25% that he could end up being a long term starter.

4. Andrew Auger says:

Here’s my general opinion on TJ..

Yes, he has surpassed my embarrassingly low expectations, he has had some of what I would call quality starts. From him exclusively I thought his best game was the Atlanta game. He does have the ability to keep things going with his feet and I do believe we are father along with him then we would be with Matt Hasselbeck purely based on that last part; I think Matt would be on IR right now and probably wouldn’t have emerged out of the 2-6 first half upright.

His pocket presence is perhaps the laziest I have ever witnessed though. He is still a very mediocre quarterback, but I would not anoint him the worst starting quarterback in the league as I know many were and some do. He is playing to his career averages, slightly better CMP and QBR, identical TD/INT ratios, very similar metrics.

And I think Josh hit on it perfectly, he is a decent point guard, but he is not capable of carrying a team to glory, he is capable of operating a run first attack as he is.

Now enough about TJ, lets all get on the RG3 to Seattle bandwagon!

5. D'Jay says:

Does Seattle really have a shot at RG3 or Matt Barkley? I’d love to see Matt Barkley in our uniform but I don’t think we’ll be able to draft him. The Seahawks might have to give up too much to move in the draft to select either Barkley or RG3. I don’t think the Front Office would make a big jump in the draft to select either of these QBs. What do you think?